Explore the Holy Land
Join Christian Women For Israel and Assaf Boker on a fun virtual adventure learning about Israel.
This weekly course will ignite the fire in you, as you explore Israel, understanding the land, the people, and the history. You will grow deeper in knowledge about your Judeo-Christian inheritance.REGISTER NOW
In this virtual tour you will learn
Jaffa – The Gateway to Zion
An introduction to archaeology in the Holy Land – learn how an archeological site is structured and the meaning of the unique Hebrew word, Tel.
- Visit the port where Jonah embarked on his journey to escape God’s mission (Jonah: 1:3).
- Visit the house of Simon the Tanner in Jaffa where Peter had his vision that had revolutionized the world as we know it (Acts 10:9-22).
- Visit Peter’s Church and learn about the growing impact of Christianity in Holy Land starting in the 18th century.
- An introduction to the meaning of Zionism through the story of building the city Tel Aviv, Israel.
Nazareth and Caesarea Martima – Leading to the Ministry
An introduction to the pollical, cultural, and historical setting of the Gospels.
- Visit Caesarea, a fascinating archaeological site, featuring the remains of a port city built by Herod the Great. It’s here where Paul was sent to his trial in Rome (Acts 27:1-2) and where Peter has converted Cornelius (Acts 10:1-11).
- Visit the Church of Annunciation, discuss annunciation to Mary (Luke 1:26-38) and Church history in the holy land.
Mt. Precipice, Capernaum and Mt. of Beatitudes - The early ministry of Jesus.
A geographical and political introduction to the region of the Sea of Galilee at the time of Jesus.
- Visit Precipice watching over Nazareth where the community rejected Jesus (Luke 4: 14-30).
- Visit the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus lays down the social pillars of his movement in the sermon on the mount. (Matthew 5:3-48).
- Visit Capernaum, the center of the ministry of Jesus. In our visit we will include both the Synagogue and discuss its mystery, and what most would agree is the house of Peter, where Jesus lived during his ministry in the Galilee (Matthew 8:14).
The Golan Heights - Borders and Challenges
An introduction to key events in the Israeli Arab conflict (1948, 1967, green line and more).
- Visit Mitzpe Gadot, a famous lookout point, once served as a Syrian Military Bunker that had shelled the Israeli Kibbutz Gadot in the lower Hula Valley.
- Visit Mount Bental, a former IDF outpost in the Golan Heights where we will hear updates on the Syrian civil war while overlooking the border between Israel and Syria.
Jerusalem - The Holy City
An introduction to the Chronology of Jerusalem watching over the city from the Mount of Olives.
- Visit the Southern Wall Archaeological Excavations displaying the finds recovered in excavations following 1967, when Israeli has captured the Old City of Jerusalem from Jordan during the Six Day War. The Southern Wall Excavations offer us a time capsule to better understand the time Jesus spent in Jerusalem before his crucifixion. We will walk through the area where Jesus most likely flipped the tables of the money changers (Matthew 21:12-13) and encounter the stones that had fallen from the temple as was prophesied by Jesus (Matthew 24:1).
- Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, located at the center of the Christian quarter in the Old City of Jerusalem. The Church is traditionally identified by most Christian denominations as the site of the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It is visited by thousands of pilgrims on a daily basis and is perhaps the holiest site for the Christian World. During our visit we will learn about the many rituals and denominations associated with this holy site and learn about the historical events leading to the crucifixion of Jesus. (Matthew 27:32-56).
Jerusalem - Ancient City in a Modern State
An introduction to the Holocaust, Zionism, and the modern state of Israel.
- Visit Yad Vashem, Israel’s (“a memory and a name”) – The Israeli institute (Holocaust Museum) dedicated to the memory of the Holocaust and to impart its meanings for generations to come from different aspects. Here, we will hear our guides personal family testimony of how both his grandparents survived the Holocaust and made it safely to the state of Israel.
- Visit Herzl, Israel’s national cemetery, located above Yad Vashem for a tour through the story of Israeli society. In our tour we will visit both the tombs of Israel's famous leaders such as Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres together with less known stories of Israeli soldiers who sacrificed their lives in Israel's wars and armed conflicts.
Masada – the meeting point of the Bible and the modern state of Israel
Conclude the seven-session virtual tour of Israel.
- Visit Masada, a mountain that has become an inspiring symbol of the Jewish people’s courage and strive for freedom. Only 40 years after the crucifixion of Jesus, prophesied by Him, the temple in the Jerusalem was destroyed. The Jews lost sovereignty of the Holy Land for 2000 years. Masada was the last Jewish stance against the Romans. A tour to the top of this ancient 2,000-year-old fortress reveals the bravery of 960 Jews – men, women, and children – who were the last to fight the Romans. We also learn how the modern-day state of Israel adopted this site to form its national identity and narrative.
You are going to like what you see.
Watch this video to learn about the city of Tel Aviv.
Gain Insider Knowledge
Learn the best places to eat, the best times to visit, and gain cultural insight to get the most of your next trip.
Pray. Learn. Advocate.
Christian Women For Israel members love the Lord and His Holy Land, Israel! Join as a monthly member for $14.40 per month, for such a time as this! Be blessed each week as our community of modern day Esthers learns and prays together.
Take part in on our Doubly Blessed Prayer and Teaching call on Tuesday evening at 8 EST. Explore Israel with us every Wednesday at Noon EST. Pray with us on Thursday at 1 pm EST.
Be challenged each week, as we strive to do Mitzvahs (good deeds) blessing Israel and her people through our partnership with Israel's Crisis Hotline.
An annual one-time or monthly donation qualifies you as a CW4I member.
Israel's economy relies heavily on Tourism. Those Israelis, like Assaf, who earn a living as travel guides are greatly impacted by COVID19. It is not just a financial impact, they love what they do! Sharing their passion for Israel stirs their soul. The proceeds raised from this program help the Israeli economy in support of the Christian Women For Israel Ambassador program.